Do you want to know how to Post on Instagram from Mac? I have got a detailed guide which unlocks many different ways to access Instagram from your Mac laptop. Now you can post to your Instagram even from your computer, This guide proves handy when you have some fantastic videos and photos on your computer, and you have a desire to share them directly to Instagram without sharing them first with your iPhone device. We are here to add a bit of comfort in this scenario by making it possible for you to post directly to Instagram from Mac. Let’s find out how you can do this.
Method No.1 Upload Posts on Instagram from Mac Through a Browser
With the mean of a browser, you can upload your favorite photos from Mac directly into Instagram.
Upload photo to Instagram from Mac Via Safari
When you go to desktop version of Instagram from your Mac, you can browse your Instagram feed easily and even comment on photos and videos as well. If you simply want to browse and comment on your Insta feed then visit http://www.instagram.com from your browser and log in to your account by adding your username and password in the given field.
Now when it comes to uploading videos and photos on your Instagram, then at first, you think it is not possible. But guess what? There is a trick which makes it super possible. All you have to do is to make Instagram believe that you are using it from your iPhone instead of Mac. Now the question is how you will trick Instagram? Let’s get an answer.
How to Make Instagram think that You are Using Instagram from iPhone?
Here are some steps you need to follow for this trick.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Preferences and then click on Advanced.
- Toggle on Show Develop Menu from Menu Bar
- Type www.instagram.com on your browser bar
- Login to Instagram
- Go to Menu Bar, select Develop, then Pick Safari from User-Agent.
- At this step, you will see that Instagram will reload and show the mobile version of the website. In case it doesn’t refresh automatically then you can manually
How to Post on Instagram from Mac Laptop
Now you have tricked Instagram; the next step isn’t that difficult. Here is what you have to do.
- Edit photos which you want to share on Instagram.
- Go to Instagram mobile version
- Choose Story Icon available in the top left
- You might get a message to rotate your device. A quick fix of this issue is to drag the edge of windows inwards. You will get a narrower window to work with.
- Browse image you want to upload
- Double click and tap on choose
- Have a look at image preview
- You can edit your image like doing some drawings or adding some stamps with the mean of editing tools
- Add some text to your image, click on Aa in the top right
- Write your text. It will appear in the center. Click done.
- After text input, tap on Add to your story.
- Don’t want to post an image, click on the X in the top left.
- You can either keep or discard an image, depending on your preference.
The Shortcoming of Posting Photos on Instagram From Mac
You can’t enjoy complete editing options. At first, you can rotate and choose an aspect ratio through this way. But, now they are only available when you post to Instagram from your iPhone. Another problem is that you can use this method only with portrait photos. When you try posting landscape photos, they get cropped. You can’t make the most from advanced editing option of Instagram. Even you will have to make a compromise on filters. Video uploading is not possible through this method.
How to Upload Instagram Photos From Vivaldi Browser
Mac users always talk about Safari when it comes to the best browser. They have little or no idea about Vivaldi, which is a fantastic browser. With the mean of it, you don’t have to trick Instagram as in the case of Safari browser whenever you want to post to Instagram. You can skip many complicated developer nature steps easily. Another plus point with Vivaldi is that it allows you to access filters.
Here are the following steps which let you post photos to Instagram from Vivaldi browser on Mac.
- Download latest version of Vivaldi browser
- On browser bar, type www.instagram.com
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- On the left bar, you will find + icon, click on it.
- The Instagram URL will be categorized under the Add Web Panel.
- Click on a Web page.
- A page will appear on the left and display the mobile version of Instagram.
- Tap on the Camera icon and start uploading an image you want.
Method No.2 Upload Post to Instagram from Mac Via Applications
When you don’t want to use Instagram from your browser, then another way comes handy in the form of Mac application. You can download some third-party application on the Mac App Store. The best thing about an application is that it allows you to enjoy more photos and video upload features. Besides, you can use Instagram on Mac like you are using Instagram on your iPhone device through such an application. Let’s find out what these are.
Flume- Uploader for Instagram Mac
It is the most popular application used to access Instagram with different features on Mac. There is a classy Instagram feed window comes along with this app. A user can enjoy an intuitive user interface where he can swipe and hide menu as per his preference. In the window, you first see photos without any text, like or comment option. However, when you want to like something or have a desire to comment on a photo, all you need to do is to click on a photo. A single click will unlock options such as: Like, comment and text.
With the mean of Flume on Mac, you can check the latest notification on your Instagram account. It brings Instagram Direct as well, so you can share media, profiles, and hashtags as and when you like.
Now coming back to the main feature due to which we highlight Flume in this post is the capability it offers- which is to upload video and photos on Instagram through Mac. So, the question is how to do it? Check guide.
- Download Flume App from Flume official website.
- Login to Instagram
- Go to the bottom left of the app
- A menu will pop up
- Click on the Camera icon
- You can either take a picture or shoot a video for uploading
- If there is an available image or video on Mac, you can upload it directly from the camera icon.
- Drag and drop your favorite image.
- Post the image
Image Editing and Filter via Flume
Flume allows you to edit your image. For this purpose, don’t post a picture quickly. Instead, Drag and drop it and then click on the brush tool. It allows you to add a filter or play with some colors. Click forward arrow or swift left on your trackpad for moving along the row.
From the adjustment menu, you can either brighten up your image or sharpen up its color. You can also add a tilt-shift effect on your photo. Try whatever you like. The only purpose here is to get an image which makes you happy.
You can add text below your photo. Add a caption and don’t forget about hashtags. Tag other Instagram user in your photo. For this purpose, you need to click the head and shoulder icon at the bottom of your photo.
Click on a photo you like to add user tags, now type user name when Flume find the user, click on their name and add them into your picture.
There is a free and paid version of Flume. With the free version, you can make a limited number of uploads. However, with Flume Pro paid version, you can get countless video and images uploading option. Flume is instagram app for mac which you can download free.
Uplet- Simple Instagram App for Mac
Another third-party instagram uploader for Mac which allows a user to upload photos and videos directly from Mac to Instagram is Uplet. This application doesn’t unlock major Instagram features like checking the feeds or commenting on photos. Instead, its fundamental purpose is to make it easy for a user to drag and drop video and pictures to Instagram via Mac. The bulk upload option is available.
This application allows you to edit photo and videos. You can add a caption. You can crop an image as and when you like. When a user wants to upload multiple images at the same time on Instagram, then an application like Uplet adds comfort into your life.
You need to download Uplet from Uplet Website. A free version comes with limited uploading. However, when you get Uplet paid version for £9.99, then you can enjoy multiple features.
Method No.3 Upload Post to Instagram through Mac Via an Android Emulator
When you have an android emulator, then you can get an Instagram application from the Google Play store and start using it on your Mac as you do it on your iPhone.
Must Read: How to Know Who Blocked You on Instagram?
How to use an Emulator to upload photos to Instagram
This is a less common way of uploading pictures to Instagram through a Mac. But, at the same time, it is an effective one. There are many emulators, but we will pick Bluestacks as it has easy to use interface and comes free of cost.
- Download BlueStacks
- Make a BlueStacks Account
- Connect your Google account with Bluestacks Account within Bluestacks emulated Android device setup
- Now you have an android version on your Mac
- Go to PlayStore
- Download the Instagram application
- Sign in to Your Instagram account
- Start uploading photos and videos on Instagram right from your Mac device.
I have shared three best methods that guide you on how to post on Instagram from Mac. It would be fun to download your old Mac photos and videos directly to your Instagram without going through any hassle of sharing them first with your iPhone. Try these methods and share your experience with us.