A chrome user might experience in en error “Err Name Not Resolved” while he is browsing. It is a common issue. In this post, I will tell you how to fix Err Name Not resolved. There are different reasons for this error. Like you may have some problem in your chrome setting about which you do not know. Sometimes you can remove it by changing DNS settings manually.
Clear Browsing Data
Sometimes, you are getting Err name not resolved error because your cache and history is overloaded. So, what you need to do is to clear browsing data for this purpose.
Go to Settings or three vertical dots –> More Tools and then pick Clear Browsing DateIn the next screen, you can either clear all time history or simply choose your specific timeline. You can clear cache, cache data, images and history by clicking on Clear Data button.
Flush DNS & Renew It
It is the most common solution to fix this error. And if you don’t know how you can flush DNS settings or renew it. Then you have no need to worry about. Just follow the steps mention below.
- Go to “Command Prompt (Admin)” by right click on the screen.
- Then type the following commands in the window appeared on your screen and press enter after each command.
Netsh Winsock reset.
By doing this you will flush the DNS and renew it to get free from the Name Not Resolved Error.
Change DNS Address
However, if you can’t flush DNS then you can remove the error by changing the DNS Address. Follow these steps to change DNS settings.
- Go to the Internet access icon and click right then go to “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Then select your internet or Ethernet that you are using.
- Then go to and select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” from the properties option there.
- After doing that go to “Use the Following DNS Server Addresses” then entre the values mentioned below:
- Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Then go to “Validate settings upon exit” and save the setting by clicking ok.
Now enjoy the browsing by restart your network.
Disabling DNS Prefetching in Chrome
However, another process of getting rid of “Name Not Resolved Error” by disabling the DNS prefetching in chrome. By following this process you can fix this error.
- Open the “Settings” by clicking on “Menu Icon” and go to “Advanced Settings”
- Then select the privacy section and here uncheck > “Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly”.
- Now you have fixed the error and start browsing.
Changing LAN Settings
To follow this process just go through the steps mention below.
- Now you have to open “Chrome Settings” and double click the “Menu Icon” and click to open “Advanced Settings”.
- Go to “Network” > “Proxy Settings”.
- Now select the connection tab and pick the “LAN Settings”.
- Go to “Automatically Detect Settings” and to save click ok.
Now you can browse safely your data.
Restart Your Router
It happens many times that you are getting Err Name Not resolved Error on Chrome due to your wireless connectivity issues. So, I suggest you to turn off your router for a few minutes and then turn it back and see whether your error has been gone or not.
The above mention are the four best solutions which tell you how to fix ERR Name Not Resolved Error for browsing more data. You should clear your history and further cookies to keep browsing. You should restart your internet connection from time to time.
Moreover, sometimes your anti-virus program is also a reason for “Name Not Resolved Error”. So then you have to uninstall it to continue your browsing.