Youtube Red is a premium video streaming service which unlocks tons of amazing features. If you want to know how to cancel Youtube red on iPhone, Computer or Android then you hit the right place. In this post, I’m going to unlock the step-by-step guide to end your premium subscription or free Youtube red trial.
What is Youtube Red?
In 2015, Youtube offered its Premium service which is known as either Youtube Red or Youtube Premium. When you pay $11.99 monthly then you get a chance to watch ad-free music and videos. Even there are tons of special contents, tv shows, and programs in a high quality mode for premium subscribers.
In order to check premium features, you can opt for a free trial of Youtube premium on your iPhone, Computer or Android device. In case you don’t like premium service then you have a chance to cancel it anytime you like.
How To Cancel YouTube Red Premium Service Guide For Android,IPhone, Laptop
Since every device is unique, so I will highlight step-by-step guide on how to cancel YouTube Premium subscription on the iPhone, Computer, and Android. I will keep every guide simple and straight-forward. Let’s get into every step without any unnecessary delay.
How to Cancel Youtube Premium on iPhone?
- Open Youtube from Your iPhone.
- Tap your profile photo and then click on Paid memberships
- You will find a list of membership you have, click on a Membership you want to cancel.
- Choose Manage Apple Subscriptions
- Click on your membership
- Choose Cancel
As soon as you cancel your subscription, you won’t be charged for your monthly bill unless you resume your Youtube paid membership. A youtube paid member is always charged with youtube premium service price at the start of each new billing cycle. You can cancel both Youtube red free trial and paid membership, as and when you need.
How to Cancel Youtube Premium on Android?
When you use Youtube application on your android device and doesn’t want to use its premium service anymore then you can get rid of it by following these steps.
- Tap your Profile Photo
- Go to Paid memberships
- Choose the membership you want to cancel
- Pick Continue to Cancel
- Select a reason for canceling your Youtube red
- Click Next and Tap yes and it will be canceled.
How to Cancel Youtube Premium from Computer?
- Visit youtube.com/paid_memberships.
- Go to Manage membership.
- Click Deactivate.
- Tap Continue to cancel.
- Pick a reason why you are canceling Youtube premium video service and then tap next.
- By clicking Yes, you will cancel your Youtube paid membership on computer.
Why I’m unable to Cancel Youtube Red?
If you can’t cancel YouTube red and got some error then there might be three reasons behind it.
- It is possible that your premium account is already canceled. For getting a confirmation, check status. Go to https://www.youtube.com/paid_memberships and from the right menu bar click on Subscriptions. You will get an update of your premium status from here.
- Another possible reason is you are billed by Google play music. When your YouTube premium service is a part of Your Google Play Music Subscriptions then you can cancel paid membership through Google Play Music Account Settings.
- Last but not least, you are billed by Apple. It means you joined premium service through Youtube iOS App, so you will have to cancel it through an iTunes account. Let’s check out how.
How to Cancel Youtube Premium on iTunes?
- You can access your iTunes account via PC or Mac and manage your subscriptions in a following way.
- Open iTunes
- Go Menu Bar à Account à View My Account
- You will sign in to your Apple ID after adding necessary details
- View Account
- Go to Account Information Page àSetting Section
- On the right side of subscriptions, you will click on Manage
- Go to a subscription you want to change and click Edit
- Click Cancel.
When you can’t cancel a subscription, then it might be already canceled. Even when a subscription is expired, you can check its expiry date from subscription management section.
How to Cancel Youtube Red from Mac?
You can manage your Youtube Premium subscription through Mac on your App Store. Here is how:
- Go to App Store app from your Mac
- At the bottom of the sidebar, you will find Apple ID, tap on it.
- Sign In with your Apple ID
- Now you will see a window where in the middle top area you can see “View Information” tab.
- Scroll down to “Manage” section from Account Information Page.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click manage.
- Choose a subscription you want to manage and then tap Edit
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” and your premium Youtube membership will be canceled.
I have shared step-by-step details on how you can cancel Youtube red on iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Mac, Computer and Android. Still, need some information? Feel free to ask.